Do you know what real professional lawn care work looks like?
Do you know what to look for when you have your lawn cut by a company?
When you are selecting a lawn care company to mow, maintain your garden beds, or whatever it may be – always do a detailed on social media and search engines like Google, Facebook, Yelp and more. It is very important to look at the company’s past work and reviews. Doing an in-depth search helps paint a picture of who you will be dealing with. You have to choose a lawn care company like you are searching for a perfect pair of shoes – this company will be communicating with you and servicing your property for 26 weeks.
Professional lawn care services are very different from a neighbor mowing or cheap lawn care services. You just need to know exactly what you want and what you can afford. If you care about your yard and spend a lot of time outdoors – I would recommend getting a professional lawn care service; if you do not spend a lot of time outside nor care about your lawn all doors are open… If you want worry-free service I would recommend going with the professional lawn care service, if not go with the neighbor mowing lawns or the cheap lawn care service. Not all professional lawn care services are expensive and vise versa, but it is important to know that what you typically pay for is what you will get. Do your research and narrow down the options. Make sure you get your money’s worth!
HERE ARE SOME POINTERS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR A LAWN CARE SERVICE OR CHECKING THE WORK PREFORMED BY YOUR CURRENT LAWN CARE SERVICE…
Questions and or scenarios to think about
- Can I see photos of past work?
- What type of equipment do you use?
- How often do you sharpen your blades?
- Who performs the work?
- How many times do you go over the lawn when mowing?
- What services will be performed for the money I am paying you?
- How often are they performed?
- What additional services do you offer?
- Is there a contract needed?
- If so, what does it entail? ( read the contract!)
- When will you stop mowing?
- Do you mow the lawn if it is not needed?
- What height do you cut the lawn in the: Spring, Mid Season, and Fall time?
- Are there chemical applications available?
- If not, can you recommend someone?
- What safety precautions do you take?
- How long have they been in business?
- What type of reputation do they have?
- Do they have references for people they have serviced?
- What are there reviews on Google, Yelp, Yellow Pages, and Facebook?
- Are they locally owned, family-owned?
- Are you insured?
- Do you provide a warranty for the work that is done?